Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My find at Sam's Club and Fruit and Nut bar recipe

I don't know anyone out there that doesn't like Larabars.  Ok, I am sure that there are a few.  Now usually I make my own and they are very easy.  The recipe that follows is all over the internet with a few changes here and there.

Anyways, so my find at Sam's Club today was a box of Larabars.  They were a great price too.  I only paid $15.98 for 18 bars.  In my opinion, that is a really good deal. It figures out to be .88 per bar.  There was Cashew Cookie, Apple Pie, and Cherry Pie.

Ok, so that was my splurge (good deal) for the day.....here is my recipe

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar Like Recipe

2/3 cup whole pitted dates

1 cup pecans

pinch of salt

1 tsp vanilla

2 tablespoons chocolate chips

 
Put dates, pecans, salt in a food processor. Process until chopped up very fine. Drizzle in the vanilla. Add the chocolate chips a pulse a few times to break them up a bit. Put crumbs in the center of plastic wrap. Form a ball and then cover with plastic wrap. Roll with rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting into bars.

 
I have not done it yet with this recipe, but I usually use about 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil. I think this would be a great addition to the bars, and will use it next time I make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment